Arranged in date order.
This is a part of our complete bibliography of published work relating to C.F.A. Voysey.
- Voysey, C.F.A., Catalogue of an exhibition of the works of C.F. Annesley Voysey FRIBA at the Batsford Gallery, 15 North Audley Street, London W1, October 2 to 17, 1931, with a foreword by Edwin Lutyens Full transcription available
- [review] Fletcher, H.M., ‘The work of C.F.A. Voysey’, Journal of the Royal Institute of British Architects (vol.38, 1931), pp.763-4
- Exhibition of the works of C.F.A. Voysey at the Victoria & Albert Museum, to celebrate his 80th birthday. No known catalogue, but papers survive at the V&A, reference Nominal File MA/1/V412.
(The exhibition was held in room 71 (now part of the Gilbert Collection galleries) from May to July, comprising 25 architectural designs, 41 designs for textiles and wallpapers, 10 textiles, photographs, and smaller items such as keys, a shop sign, a paper weight, a bronze sculpture and a portrait medal. The exhibits were mainly selected by Voysey himself from his own collection. A few items were donated to the museum at the close of the exhibition.)
- Floud, Peter, Catalogue of an exhibition of Victorian and Edwardian decorative arts (Victoria and Albert Museum, 1952). pp.100-105 devoted to Voysey: a long list of loaned items (no illustrations), mainly from the family, under sub-headings Furniture and woodwork; Metalwork; Textiles; Wallpapers; Carpets; Miscellaneous.
- Gebhard, D., Charles F.A. Voysey, architect (University of California at Santa Barbara, 1970)
- Symonds, Joanna, Catalogue of the drawings collection of the Royal Institute of British Architects : C.F.A. Voysey (Gregg, 1976)
- [review] Stillman, D., ‘Catalogue of the drawings collection of the Royal Institute of British Architects : C.F.A. Voysey’, Journal of the Society of Architectural Historians (vol.37, 1980), pp.117-119
- Brandon-Jones, John, and others, C.F.A. Voysey, architect and designer, 1857-1941 (Lund Humphries for the Art Gallery and Museums and the Royal Pavilion, Brighton, 1978)
- [review] (Anonymous), ‘C.F.A. Voysey’, Architects journal (vol.167, 1978), pp.1232-1235
- [review] Johnson, A., ‘Voysey on view’, The Architect (July 1978), pp.28-29
- [review] Johnson, A., ‘Inspired by Voysey’, Building design (7th July 1978), p.14
- [review] Macleod, R.K., ‘C.F.A. Voysey, architect and designer, 1857-1941’, Journal of the Society of Architectural Historians (vol.39, 1980), pp.78-79
- [review] Skipwith, P., ‘C.F.A. Voysey, architect and designer, 1857-1941’, Connoisseur (vol.199, 1978), p.68
- Suzuki, Hiroyuki, British style 170 years: through the view of ideal cities (Design Museum and Seibu Museum of Art, 1987). In English and Japanese, pp.104-109 devoted to Voysey with some illustrations which may not be available elsewhere.
- Hunterian Art Gallery (University of Glasgow), C.F.A. Voysey : decorative design, 13 November 1993-22 January 1994 (Hunterian Art Gallery, 1993).
- Carruthers, Annette, and Greensted, Mary, Good citizen's furniture : the arts and crafts collections at Cheltenham (Cheltenham Art Gallery and Museums in association with Lund Humphries, 1994), pp.64-71
- Catterall, Claire, C.F.A. Voysey: heart and home (Design Museum, 1994)
- Dreweatt Neate auctioneers, Hidden treasures : a loan exhibition, 25th November - 2nd December 1997 (Dreweatt Neate, 1997), pp.42-65
- Carruthers, Annette, and Greensted, Mary, Simplicity or splendour : arts and crafts living, objects from the Cheltenham collection (Cheltenham Art Gallery and Museums in association with Lund Humphries, 1999), pp.94-95
- Bourne, Patrick, and others, Architects for a new age, 17 September to 16 October 2008 at 148 New Bond Street, London W1 (Fine Art Society in association with Haslam & Whiteway, 2008), pp.23-4 & 59-63
- Haslam, M., Arts and Crafts book covers (Richard Dennis, 2012) [accompanied the exhibition, "From Rosetti to Voysey : Arts & Crafts stamped book cover design" at Blackwell, Cumbria, 10th May to 15th July 2012], pp.27, 40, 73-4, 84, 108
- H. Blairman & Sons Ltd, C.F.A. Voysey : designs for Tompkinson & Adam carpets, with an introduction by Stuart Durant (2013) [catalogue of carpet designs from 1895 to 1907 ; the name is actually Tomkinson]. Full text available (PDF).
- Architect-designers from Pugin to Voysey, The John Scott Collection, volume 8 (Fine Art Society in association with Michael Whiteway, 2015), pp.120-129. Full text available (PDF).